Wednesday, June 10, 2009

30 BABY!!!!


Well I finally turned 30 on June 8th! I think I may be the last of my group of friends to cross that bridge but now I'm here. The birthday started off with mom and me going shopping. It was fun girl time. She took me to lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and then I got my haircut too. After that we rushed home so I could get ready for my fun Happy Hour I had planned at Chuy's! There were about 20 friends that showed up to celebrate my birthday. I was told I had to take a shot for each decade so I "had" to do it. I am pretty proud that I was able to take down 3 Patron shots and 2 margaritas and still walk out with just a slight bubbly happy feeling. I didn't want to be the sloppy drunk girl so I paced myself and did very well. My wonderful friends showered me with sweet cards, gifts, life changing margarita cupcakes, and great laughs. I will never forget the big 3-0! Thanks everyone!!!Then when I went back to the office, and my coworkers had a surprise waiting for me at my desk. Check it out... Anyone who knows me at all knows I love purple so it was so appropriate that they did this for me. Now we have these purple balloons all over the dept. There are literally like 144 balloons here. They filled every inch of my work space. ahhhh...makes me smile. Well, another birthday in the books. I look forward to many more.

1 comment:

Shae Connell said...

Glad it was a great one for you Mer!