Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Abs, Buns and Thighs


I decided to dust off the old Jane Fonda workout video my mom gave me in high school and actually exercise for the first time since having Ryan. I have my 30th birthday in June and one of my best friends is getting married in September so I need to get in shape. I popped in the old VHS tape and started dancing around the living room with all the kids looking at me like I was crazy. Jayson in his sweet innocent voice walked up and pointed at the TV and said "mom, why she doesn't have a shirt and pants on?" Well Jayson, that is called a leotard and it is work out clothes. Then he started laughing as we did lunges and said "ewwww" as we see a close up of Jane clenching her tight buttocks. The boys then thought it would be fun to do the entire video with me. Scott was cracking up as he watched all of us jumping around following all of Jane's moves. Finally after we had done the cool down, we laid down to do crunches. Jayson gave up at that point but Justin did every single stomach crunch and even copied all of the sound effects that Jane made. It was hilarious. Here's to you Jane Fonda in your yellow and black leotard with a belt and leg warmers! Thanks for making me sweat all of these years! I am ready for round 2 tonight...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

HA!! That brings back memories... I used to do those videos in high school! In one of my classes they do "the pony." I think that's classic Jane Fonda. Too funny!