Monday, October 5, 2009

Ryan's 1st Birthday and Soccer Begins!

This weekend was definitely one to remember. My baby boy turned 1 year old on October 2nd and we had a great time celebrating. Mom came in town last Thursday and we took the twins to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in 3D. It was pretty good. Friday we took Ryan to have his 1 year old portraits taken and here is what we got. I LOVE THEM!!!









Yes I really did put him in an elephant costume!!! I just couldn't resist. Such a sweet face!

Friday night was Jayson and Justin's first soccer practice. I can't wait to cheer them on each week. I will get to put my spirit sprinkles to use again, but no jumps or back flips will be happening. I would certainly get an injury. They get their uniforms tomorrow. The kids named the team so they are the TEXANS! Gooooooooooo Texans! Thanks goodness the giraffes, spiders, and elephants didn't win the popular vote because those were a few names thrown out there.

Ahhhhh, my handsome little boys. I am such a proud momma! Saturday is when we had Ryan's birthday party. It was so much fun. We had The very Hungry Caterpillar theme and I made the cake. I also made the banner hung up behind his high chair. I am very impressed with my crafty abilities for his party. Here are a few photos from the party.


Overall, a great weekend! I look forward to all the fun Fall festivities ahead. I can't believe the holidays are already upon us too. Whew, exciting and exhausting to think about. I do love this time of year.

2 comments:

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

Way to go Mer with your craft skills! Looks like it was so much fun! Keep us updated on how soccer goes.

HeltonTexas said...

What a cute idea for a party! We love the Hungry Caterpillar!