Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Carrots and Toothpaste!

I know that sounds pretty nasty together but stay with me... JoJo and PaPa helped the boys plant their own little garden several months back and they have enjoyed watering and watching their plants grow. Justin planted several types of flowers that we hope will bloom in the Spring and Jayson planted baby carrots. We caught him pulling a few out here and there just to try them because waiting is so hard. This weekend we told him he could pull them all out because we thought they were ready. Here are the pictures of the little gardeners...

Jayson searching for any last carrots to pull
Jayson's bucket of carrots


All the boys having fun in the dirt


Daddy helps Jayson wash the carrots


YUMMY! Look how great they turned out.


Jayson grabs the biggest one to taste


They are really sweet and tasty!


Justin loves them too!


Now for the toothpaste story. Ryan thinks he is a big boy since he can climb up and down the bathroom stool by himself. Sometimes he likes to just get up there and look at himself in the mirror and wave. Lately he has been very excited when I say it's time to brush teeth. He runs in there to beat his brothers and climbs up on the stool, grabs a toothbrush (often times not his) and starts brushing. He is very cooperative and even says "ahhhhhh" to open up his mouth for me or "cheese" when I need him to open wide. Here are a few pictures of him brushing his teeth with his brothers.



Yesterday I get a frantic call from Scott that said "Ryan ate the boys toothpaste, Do I need to take him to the emergency room?" He said it was all over Ryan and the bathroom and he doesn't know how much of it he ate. Well, I don't know how harmful toothpaste is to babies so I Google it. Sure enough it says Kid's Crest toothpaste, if they swallow any more than the amount you brush your teeth with to contact a medical professional or call Poison Control. I decided to call Ryan's doctor's office. They give me the number to Poison Control who said Ryan would have had to eat almost the entire tube to cause any problems. Thank Goodness!!! My crazy little man was just fine but we now know he like the taste of toothpaste so we have to keep it out of reach so he doesn't go for a little snack while we aren't looking. Ryan will definitely keep us on our toes...

No comments: